WHY DO MOST AFRICAN COMMUNITIES COOK IN FUNERAL SERVICES?

" Wel

l, this question keeps on popping up in my mind. What I never thought of was the secret behind it.It happened that my best friend's mom had unfortunately meet with her untimely end. After the funeral service and the body had been put to test 6feet down the ground, well the service changed into a meal competition. Well, one man caught my attention.

After serving a large bowl fool of all kinds and types of feed being served, he quietly moved to a corner and took out a bunch of fresh pepper. As if not enough, he then took out his own cutlery which he must have carried in his over sized coat. Now, all these left me wondering, this same man who was now enjoying his eat had been spotted crying uncontrollably and had even tried to jump into the grave as the casket was being lowered. And it had taken six men to hold him and take him away to cool down his nerves. Now, there he sat calmly enjoying his meal as if nothing had happened half an hour ago. I couldn't help but wonder what relationship he had with the deceased. To my amusement, my friend's aunt confirmed that they were not related to that man...so now the main question in my mind is that how many mourners in a funeral service are in dire need to satisfy there Hunger with the recent rise in goods' purchase price?

Comments