ITS HER MAY DAY


This was not the intended article but I just had to do it.I changed its title from its my may day to her may day.
I do write humour stories but this got me down on my knees and humbled before my celestial being.
"There I was at the hospital, I was feeling a little bit sick and I had gone to get treated because I fucking hate sickness than being broke. I was at the waiting room sitted looking around at the people who looked as if they had just escaped a zombie attack. I put my head down on my arms as I wait for my tag number to be called out, while placing my head down I hear rolling sounds and stumbling of feet, out of curiosity I lift my head up and look,my eyes meets her eyes, those eyes looks familiar to me, I start reminiscing but even before I could conclude who she was, she calls out my name"Tobby"and from there is when I recognize her, "Moran"I call her by name and she responds with her eyebrows, her eyes are white as Jesus's holy robes.Moran was my crush back then in primary school, yah we were kids but the way I felt when I was with her was so different, I don't know how to describe it but just know there was a chemistry between us.
I stand up and head towards her,she gives me that fake smile and she holds my hand.

I could see that all was not well with her, she had lost that bright smile she had, her long beutiful hair was no more.
"Hi by(that was my nickname she used to call me) I reply her, tears starts rolling down her cheeks, I don't always show my emotions but this, I couldn't help it, I felt the pain she was going through. "I have lung cancer, and I have fought it for 4 years and I don't think if this year I'll make it"She tells me in a coarse voice before she starts coughing continuously,she seems to be having difficulty in breathing, the nurses rushes her in as I am left there standing, I try stopping my tears from dropping but I guess they had already gained control over me.I couldn't wait to be treated so I left.


I decided to discard the article about my birthday and wrote this because I feel I just needed to write about her and luckily we do share the same birth day hope when you are out of hospital you'll read this . Happy birthday to you Moran and happy birthday to me.

Comments