SECRET DIARIES OF CYRIL TEDD


This was such a busy month full of school work and stuff and it called for a different kind of break.My phone rings and I pick up promptly, it's Josh a long time friend with whom we shared mischief. "Hey Tedd,, long time brother, this is the message,,,Saturday at night at our usual chill spot,, let Rica know, let Bravo know and let Alvin know. We'll be celebrating life."Hangs up.
I should have started by informing you that apparently Rica and I were doing fine despite the tight schedule we had at school.
Dark was approaching so I took a cab to Rica's place and picked her for the party with Josh and the others. At first she was reluctant to go but after a while she accepted. The place was blazing. You understand that lightness you feel when around friends. We had gathered around a single table enjoying our cocktail. Everything was fun till I noticed Rica was becoming uncomfortable. She was fidgeting moving her legs back and forth.
"Honey you look uneasy, do you wanna get back home already?"
"No honey am fine, we've only been here for an hour, it's just chilly but the drink will help, thanks for caring"(pecks me on my right cheek).
Soon it was almost midnight and we were all wasted but Josh and Rica.Alvin and Bravo couldn't even tell where they were. Josh called my usual cab to pick us all, although at this moment I only recall alighting at my gate alone. I don't know where everyone else headed to. It was a night well "spent" though,get it?
The next time I saw Rica was Monday after classes.
"Hey Rica it's been a long weekend, "She hugs me warmly as I head for her Angelina Jolie lips but she backs away slowly but sooner than I expected. I mean we kiss every time we hug but this time, uh uh ,,it was different. Days passed and Rica's behavior was changing by the minute. I knew there's something she wasn't telling me.
Back in my crib I was lost in thoughts when somebody knocked the door. Oooh,it was the cab driver.Apparently Rica had forgotten her handbag in the car.
"Hey man I think your friend Josh's girlfriend left her bag in my car."That's exactly what he said .
"Girlfriend! Did Josh tell you that?"
"No, he didn't have to, the kissing and cuddling in my backseat did enough"he replied.
With my mouth wide open I slammed the door and went back inside.
How could she? After all we've been through Rica cheated on me, with my friend?I back dated the events from the night we went out.The fidgeting by Rica was as a result of foot expression Josh was making under the table. Secondly everyone was so drunk except for Rica and Josh who were fairly sobber.Lastly,Alvin and Bravo took a separate cab while the three of us took another only to be dropped home alone.
Out of curiosity I checked what was in Rica's bag and to my surprise,, there was a pack of pills I believe were contraceptives. I was now sure Rica was merry making out there I can't tell with how many more other than Josh.
Rica and I never made love owing to the fact that she said she wasn't ready and I always respected her position. Although we cuddled a couple times. I was still in shock as I got a clear picture of Rica's odd behavior. (KAMA HII NDIO MAPENZI BASI DUNIA ISIMAME NISHUKE).That night was unbelievably long leave alone the fact that I couldn't sleep.
The following day was Rica's birthday and apparently our breakup day,, quite a juxtaposition indeed. Early that morning I rushed to the gift stores,bought a big gift box, stuffed the contraceptives inside and went to school with it.After classes I went straight to Rica and handed her the gift.Excitedly she hugged my cold body like it all took her by surprise.I asked her to unwrap the box which she did.
Suddenly her face turned grey at the sight of the contraceptives.
"What's the meaning of this honey"she asked in a frail voice.
"Oh please don't honey me slutt, what's gotten into you, I trusted you,I loved you, and this is how you pay me back?Sleep around with my friends? Where's your dignity? It's over between us Rica!"
"Tedd I can explain..."
"There's nothing to explain,, it's over, period!!!! "I turned and walked away leaving her sobbing in the middle of a mammoth crowd that had gathered around.
Josh had exiled campus after rumours reached him that the wolf pack was hunting for him.
That marked the end of my love tales and if you reading this count yourself lucky because you read my diaries before they reduced to flames. For now am still single working on my future with education.
I keep it #50 SHADESOFLOVECOMEGETMEYOURSELF.
Thee end!!

Comments